Sunday, March 13, 2011

Vigan by the Numbers


"I have given you every seed-bearing plant which is on the face of the earth, and every tree that bears fruit with seed. It will be for your food." 
                                                                                                                                          Gen 1:29



1. Year I went to Vigan: 2008

2. Cameras I bought:
          DLSR - 0
          DigiCam - 1

3. Number of hours going to Vigan: 5

4. Number of times I thought of taking down the bus curtain to make it as a blanket: 10

5. Temperature in the bus according to my own calculation: below 0 degrees

UNESCO Site Heritage - Calle Crisologo



St. Paul Metropolitan Cathedral. Simply known as Vigan Cathedral.


Vigan Cathedral's Bell tower.


Placio de Arzobispado Nueva Segovia. One of the oldest and biggest Archbishop residences.

6. Number of times I prayed to finally reach Vigan: 7

7. Total number of "Pretend" sleep I had in the bus because of the cold aircon: 13

8. Much awaited stop overs: 3

9. Minutes we spent looking for a place to stay at 3:00 in the morning: 30

10. Number of rooms I checked at Cordillera Inn: 2



Bantay bell tower.


Names of fools are written on the bells.

A replica of the famous Spolarium at the Syquia-Quirino Mansion.
One of the most striking historical photos hanged on the Syquia-Quirino Mansion.


11. Hours of sleep I had before touring the city: 4

12. Number of Calesa we saw before deciding to tour the city in Calesa: 1

13. Number of hours we toured the City: 5

14. Places we visited during the tour: 8
       St. Paul Cathedral
       St. Augustine Bell Tower
       Mansion Syquia
       Crisologo Museum
       Pagburnayan Pottery
       Hidden Garden
       Baluarte
       Villa Angela

15. Number of Vigan specialties I ate: 6
       Bagnet
       Okoy
       Empanada
       Pakbet
       Vigan Longanissa
       Lumo lumo



Burnays or more popular as Pottery.

The Secret Garden "daw".

It was called the Hidden Secret Garden....But hey I found it!

Singson's Baluarte.

16. Number of times I ate bagnet during this trip: 4

17. Number of times we ate at Cafe Leona: 2

18. Number of times we ate at Cafe Uno: 1

19. Number of times I burped and it smelled like longanisa: 5

20. Number eatery we asked if they served Lumo lumo: 5




The Famous Villa Angela. This is where Tom Cruise and Piolo Pascual stayed during their visit in Vigan. - not together though. hehe


Filipinized Mc Donald's - it's about time!


21. Number of eatery that served Lumo lumo: 0

22. Days and nights we spent at Vigan: 2 days, 2 nights

23. Number of Celebrity look-a-like I saw: 1. Our calesa driver looks like Pacman.

24. Number of time I thanked Vigan Government: 2 
1. For keeping the old Spanish style especially in Crisologo St.
2. For not allowing Mc. Donald's westernize the Vigan look.

25. Number of times I was thankful to God because of the beautiful place like Vigan and because of the food: Countless.


PS.
I'd like to reiterate that I only used my reliable DigiCam on this trip. It resulted to a photo shooting and not photo making. In short "Awanti Load!"








5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 - hahahaha! I believe you! You did the same thing to my curtains :-)
    Funny moments with brothers? = Priceless

    I would love to own one of Juan Luna's paintings ;-)
    I know this girl whose grandmother (of course, she was young then!) was on a small boat with 4 men who would become presidents of the PI. She was photographed with them. That's just so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Father. Been following all your trips in our country and they are all so nice and wonderful. Thank you for making me realize how truly beautiful the Philippines is. You're one such lucky guy. Congrats too for all those beautiful shots. Ang galing mong mag picture. Pro ka na ba? Anyway, more trips to you and stay happy with God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat po Tita Sue.
      Miss u na. Regards.

      Delete