Sunday, March 20, 2011

Electrifying Pagudpud Seas and Heavens

"Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord. You heavens, bless the Lord. All you waters above the heavens, bless the Lord. Praise and exalt him above all forever."

Daniel 3:57,60



Laoag is about 80 kilometers away from Vigan according to my 1st, 2nd and 3rd reading. It would take 1 1/2 hours to reach Laoag by bus and 3 more hours to reach Pah-Good-Pood.

We left Vigan before lunch and arrived at Laoag after lunch. Left Laoag after lunch (without eating lunch); arrived Pagudpud mid afternoon. Makes sense right?

Well it was 3 years ago, you cannot blame me if I don't remember the time. As long as I was able to remember the experience and the feeling when I was there, then that's good enough.




Bangui Windmills. Considered as the giant of the north. This is the first ever "Wind Farm" in the Philippines. It renews energy sources and helps reduce greenhouse gases.

Bantay Abot Cave. Means a mountain with a hole. It was my first time to go up on a cave and I never knew it was possible.

View from Bantay Abot Cave. I was actually afraid to go up the cave because of the slippery rocks plus the waves from the South China Sea.

Nacatnagan Cliff. Nothing really special about it. You can just see the picturesque Blue Lagoon from here. I told you nothing really special.

The Blue Lagoon. A U-shaped beach with blue calm waters. Great for swimming unlike in the wavy Saud beach.

Kapuluan Vista Resort. This photo is taken from the inside of the resort. The said resort is one of the most beautiful in Pagudpud. I just don't know if there are others huh.

Patapat Viaduct. An elevated highway connecting Maharlika Highway and Cagayan Valley Region. You can sing "a long and winding road" while passing through.

Kabigan Falls. To reach it, you have to pray one full cycle of the rosary. In short, you will reach it within 30 minutes by walking.

This is a view from my window one afternoon.

Saud Beach. The most popular beach in Pagudpud.

Laoag Museum. The museum itself is a must see. Not only will you be fascinated what's in it, you will be amazed to see that it was a restored Tabacalera warehouse. The picture above shows what the Filipinos have in their closet then.

This was common in our household back from where I belong. I still remember blowing through a big straw-like wood which acts as a bellows. Now my age is revealed. 

St. Williams Church in Laoag. While waiting for our flight, we still had a few more hours to tour the city hurriedly.

Inside the St. Williams Church.

The sinking bell tower of Laoag. Can you tell me which one is it?





This is where my Ilocos tour ended. I was able to survive this tour with my good old yet reliable digicam, my one liter backpack, my appetite for the great food and adventure!







6 comments:

  1. Spelunking is not exactly a hobby of mine so yeah I'd think twice as well! ;-)

    Oh wow, the bell tower is sinking at about an inch every year.
    And the church was damaged by typhoon , earthquake and fire??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there in Ilocos too..We stayed in Marcos mansion @ Batac. It was May then, Election, so we got to see Madam Imelda Marcos and chat with her newphews named Enzo,Emilio, and Mandy. We also visit the Fort Ilocandia Resort,the famous five-star hotel owned by Marcos.

    Though the trip was tiring, it was fun and a once in a life-time experience..

    FUN FUN FUN...

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! thank you for sharing...how i wish i'm with you during those trip. Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete