Thursday, April 7, 2011

Deifying the Delightful Dakak

"Bless the Lord, all you works of the Lord. You heavens, bless the Lord. Sun and moon, bless the Lord. Seas and rivers, bless the Lord. All you birds of the air, bless the Lord."

Daniel 3:52,59,62,78,80
     





The first quarter of the 2010 was coming to an end. What perfect way to end it was of course officially starting my own Sun, Sand and Sea vacation.


So I set out to my next destination, wait for it, Dakak! 


Oh yes it was Dakak! The well advertised beach resort down South because of the noon time show Eat Bulaga.


Thanks to an airline, I was able to score promo tickets to Dipolog. I was even lucky to book a room at Dakak by the last minute.


And so there goes Padre on the plane again. We arrived at Dipolog and the shuttle to Dakak was there waiting for us. Dakak here I come!

Before the sun sets on our second day, I climbed up this hill to see the whole of Dakak.
No Pain, No Gain. I got this picture because of my persistence to climb up the hill on my own.
One of God's wonders and I am so blessed to have witnessed such creation.
What is the South known for? As I was wondering for an inspiration for my photos, I saw the famed roofs of the South.
The best that I can get in a vacation is tranquility.
Dakak offers a lot of activities for their guests. One will not run out of activity around the resort. This volleyball net never runs out of players. I was lucky to get a shot of it at high noon.
I waited. Took pictures. Waited. Almost gave up. Went around. Came back. Then suddenly it happenned! They finally heard my prayers and flew right across my lens!
I don't want to be criticized by the Animal Rights Organizations. But there was just so many of them and I got fascinated. I just have to take some pictures. Don't worry; I put them back after their pictorial.
No they are not fishermen coming back from the sea. They were just cleaning the shore along Dakak.
The clean, serene, private Dakak shore. 
This is the other side of the Island.
This is Dakak by day.
The Kumintangeros and their Kumintang.
The cultural show presented by Dakak resort for its guests every weekend. It was nice to again watch a show as such. It made me look back on our cultural dances. I've already forgot how good Filipinos are in showing off gracefulness by dancing because of all this media hype on Krumping.
Super fresh, super yummy, supper delicious oyster I had....in Dakak.
Light fascination.





At the end of the day I was still not satisfied. No wait, let me rephrase that, I was still hungry for more. I still wanted to take more photos, go to more places. How I wish I can do all that in one blow.


As I end my trip, I looked at my wallet and thought to myself, God will provide.










19 comments:

  1. such a wonderful creation by God..nice shots Padre and thanks for sharing to us. No doubt, now u became a prof photographer..God bless u always..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat po agnes.
      photography enthusiast lang po. :-)

      Delete
  2. love your sunset photos, esp the 3rd one. :)
    great shots! am definitely a fan. lol!
    -sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice place, beautiful shots. Thank you father for sharing. Until your next trip. God Bless.-Tita sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. meron ko appointment ki Jalosjos. :-)

      Delete
  4. looking at your pics makes me want to go there but probably, to the other side of the island.:D great capture of the flock of birds Padre!..great hands!:)it was really a moment and i enjoy looking at it! thanks Pads for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. patiently waiting for d birds to fly again. :-)

      Delete
  5. I don't know which picture to comment on. They all have stories to tell. Absolutely breathtaking pictures of the sunset. Wow!

    And oh, the flock of birds, too!
    But why wait, you could've just asked a little boy to chase after these birds on the beach...then voila, there go your shots (assuming you set up your camera in rapid-fire shooting mode). Bakon? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time you prepare to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money! :-)

    The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land.
    ~G.K. Chesterton

    ReplyDelete
  7. great work...love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sobrang ganda padre...

    ReplyDelete